Saturday 10 November 2012

Right Now

In case you're wondering if I still write, nay, if I'm still alive, the answer is a resounding yes.  Yepper.  Yesiree.  You see, for the last couple of months I have been...ahem...working.  At a job.  A job that is not in my house.  Not only do I go to an office, but it's a four hour commute roundtrip and I've come down with bronchitis AND bronchitis-induced asthma.  Man, I am getting old.  So not much chance for proper writing at the moment.  It will change, though.  Breathe easy (easier than me, anyway), it's only a temporary lawyer gig.  Gotta keep those skills sharp.

I'm not letting you down, though.  I've been outlining two books whenever I can.  The first, of course, is The Yawning Void, the final Universe Unbound book.  That outline is dunzo and I have even started the actual writing.  The second is a YA contemporary novel in the vein of Clueless, Some Kind of Wonderful and Legally Blonde.  Yes, I realize those are all movies rather than books but, hey, I'm a visual person.  So rest assured that come January, I will once again be devoted to writing.  I'm already itching to get started, but good things come to those who wait.  Or so I've heard.


Quote of My Week:  'What if the new baby doesn't love me?'  - my son's reaction to the impending birth of my niece.  Not freakin' possible, li'l dude.     

No comments:

Post a Comment