Saturday 21 May 2011

Fave Children's Stories in our House o'Books

First, I'd like to mention that my interview with Jennifer at Independent Paranormal posted today.    


Second, and completely unrelated to the above, I've been thinking about how much time my husband and I spend reading to our kids.  It's a lot and we love it.  We get through the books rather quickly and, as a result, have amassed a ridiculous number of children's books over the past seven years.  Luckily, a majority of them still get decent attention.  I think it's because these are not only books that my kids enjoy, but books that my husband and I enjoy as well.  In no particular order, here's a list of our current favorites --


Wind in the Willows
Chronicles of Narnia
Knuffle Bunny, Knuffle Bunny Too, Knuffle Bunny Free (the last one chokes me up every time)
The Nutcracker (original story)
Peter Pan
I'm Bad, I Stink, I'm Dirty
Angelina Ballerina books
Madeline (mostly Madeline's Rescue)
all of Julia Donaldson's (we are suckers for rhyming couplets)
all of Roald Dahl's (my 6-year old likes all of his books and has re-read them many times, but my 4 year old isn't ready yet, although she likes The Magic Finger)


We have a boy and a girl and these books seem to cross gender lines as well as age lines.  If you haven't read any of these to your kids or you need book ideas for other children, I highly recommend any of these.






       

No comments:

Post a Comment